Find the right doctor after your workplace injury
If you suffer any type of workplace injury, it’s important to receive immediate medical attention. For example, in the event of an emergency, you’ll want to call for an ambulance and receive care at a local hospital.
However, once you are stabilized and you have a better idea of your injuries, it’s time to search for a specialist who can provide you with the best possible care.
Here are some tips to keep in mind as you search for the right doctor:
– Check your insurance, as you only want to consider doctors who are in-network.
– Read reviews online, as this will give you a clear idea of how the doctor has treated other patients in the past.
– Consider any hospital affiliations. The doctor you choose could alter where you receive hospital care in the future, such as if you require surgery.
– Keep an eye out for red flags. This includes but is not limited to disciplinary action by a medical board and malpractice claims.
– Availability is key. You only want to choose a doctor who is available to see you when it fits into your schedule.
As you can see, there is a lot to think about as you compare doctors in an attempt to find the one that is perfect for you and your injury. If you take the right steps, you’ll feel good about the direction you are headed.
As you receive medical care, don’t hesitate to learn more about your legal rights, such as the ability to file a workers’ compensation claim.
Source: Consumer Reports, “How to Find a Good Doctor,” accessed May 03, 2017