Truckers' Backs Are Not Built for Long Hauls: Why They Deserve Workers' Comp
Truck driving is one of the most demanding and essential jobs in the United States. However, it is also a highly risky profession, especially when it comes to drivers’ back injuries due to long hours of driving. These injuries can be debilitating and life-changing, making it difficult for truckers to perform their duties. Fortunately, truck drivers who suffer back injuries while on the job are entitled to receive workers’ compensation.
How Back Injuries Occur From Long Hours of Driving in Nebraska
Truck drivers who drive for long hours on end are at risk of developing back injuries. This is because driving a truck for extended periods can take a toll on the driver’s body, especially their back. The prolonged sitting position can cause poor circulation and stiffness in the back muscles. Furthermore, the constant vibration of the truck can cause the spinal discs to compress, leading to herniated or bulging discs. Additionally, drivers may be required to load and unload heavy cargo, which can lead to strain and sprain injuries to the back muscles.
Common Causes of Back Injuries for Truck Drivers:
- Poor Posture: Drivers who sit in a hunched position for long hours can develop poor posture, leading to back pain and muscle stiffness.
- Repetitive Motion: Truck drivers are often required to load and unload heavy cargo, which involves repetitive lifting and twisting. This repetitive motion can cause muscle strain and sprain injuries.
- Vibration: The constant vibration of the truck can cause spinal discs to compress, leading to herniated or bulging discs.
- Poor Sleep: Truck drivers who do not get enough sleep can suffer from fatigue, leading to poor decision-making and a higher risk of accidents.
How Attorneys at the Andres Law Offices PC LLO Can Assist Truckers with Their Workers’ Compensation Claims
Truck drivers play a vital role in the U.S. economy, but their job comes with significant risks, including back injuries due to long hours of driving. Fortunately, truckers who suffer back injuries while on the job are entitled to receive workers’ compensation.However, the process of filing for workers’ compensation can be complex and overwhelming, especially when dealing with insurance companies. At the Andres Law Offices PC LLO, our experienced attorneys can assist truckers with their workers’ compensation claims by:
- Ensuring that the injury is properly documented and reported to the employer and insurance company.
- Collecting medical evidence to support the workers’ compensation claim.
- Negotiating with insurance companies to obtain the maximum compensation available.
- Representing the trucker in court if the insurance company disputes the claim.
If you are a truck driver who has suffered a back injury due to long hours of driving, contact the Andres Law Offices PC LLO today. Our experienced attorneys can help you navigate the complex workers’ compensation process and obtain the compensation you deserve. Remember, your back is not built for long hauls, but we are. Contact us now for a confidential consultation.